A Deep Dive into Playful Inquiry Approaches with Cohort Experiences
Teaching Preschool Partners has developed and periodically offers year long professional development cohorts focused on playful learning and playful inquiry approaches. Program participants gather over the course of a year to explore the essential elements of inquiry-based approaches to early learning and to consider how to create engaging, dynamic learning environments in their classrooms, fostering the development of the foundational habits of mind that underpin effective future learning. Through guided observations, collaboration, opportunities for reflection, and self-evaluation, participants develop strategies to implement inquiry-based practices with children and families in their settings. TPP shares specific inquiry curriculum structures and introduces participants to its Habits of Mind Assessment tool for supporting teacher practice and tracking student learning outcomes. All cohorts include opportunities to visit demonstration preschool classrooms and to interact with demonstration preschool staff.
Recent cohorts include:
- 2023 Tillamook County Preschool PromiseProgram Cohort
- 2022/2023Washington County Spanish-English Bilingual Preschool Promise Provider Cohort
- 2022/2023 Clatsop and Columbia Counties Preschool Promise Program Cohorts
- 2018/2019 Year 2 Cohort of Preschool Promise Programs in Multnomah and Washington Counties
- 2017/2018 Year 1 Cohort of Preschool Promise Programs in Multnomah and Washington Counties